Trans-Siberian Train Journey from Moscow to Vladivostok
A 13 day Trans-Siberian Train Journey from Moscow to Vladivostok
The perfect way to enjoy the classic Trans-Siberian route from Moscow to Vladivostok. It is now the world’s longest and most iconic rail journey, travelling through 7 time zones, across 6,000 miles, a quarter of the circumference of the earth! The railway was built between 1891 and 1916 to connect the Russian capital Moscow with the Far East at Vladivostok.
Overview – Trans-Siberian from Moscow to Vladivostok
- Trans-Siberian Train journey from Moscow to Vladivostok with stops in Lake Baikal (Listvianka) and Irkutsk
- Lunch in Taltsy village and visit to open air Ethnographic museum
- 40 hours at Lake Baikal
- Moscow, Russia’s proud new capital
Itinerary – Trans-Siberian from Moscow to Vladivostok
Day 1 – Arrival in Moscow
Arrive in Moscow to begin the once in a lifetime classic Trans-Siberian Rail journey from Moscow to Vladivostok. You will be met on arrival and transferred from the airport or rail station to a 4 star Holiday Inn Sokolniki in Moscow for 2 nights.
Evening at leisure.
Overnight:Holiday Inn Sokolniki Hotel
Day 2 – Moscow Sightseeing
After breakfast, at 10.00 hrs, meet your guide in reception to begin a Panoramic City tour of Moscow, This afternoon you will have a fascinating tour of the metro, and a visit to Red Square and Moscow’s famous Kremlin. Not only is the location of one of the largest and most interesting museums in the world, but also the official residence of the President of the Russian Federation.
You will visit the Kremlin territory, one of the Cathedrals and the Armoury museum. The exhibits have included ancient Russian regalia, Tsar’s ceremonial robes, vestments, gold and silverware by Russian, European and Eastern masters, arms and armouries, royal carriages and ceremonial harnesses. Return to your hotel by metro at around 17.00 hrs, with your guide, or stay on in the city centre to explore independently. Entrances: Metro, Kremlin, 1 cathedral, Armoury museum
Overnight: Holiday Inn Sokolniki Hotel
Day 3 – Kremlin
Breakfast at the hotel and check out. Free time this morning to explore independently, or to relax before the transfer at 12.30 from the hotel to Moscow Yaroslavsky railway station to start your historic journey from Moscow to Vladivostok. Your guide will see you onto the train and your compartment.
Depart Moscow. Train #2 at 13:50 hrs
Overnight: On train
Day 4-5 – Trans-Siberian Rail
During this time onboard travelling from Moscow to Vladivostok you will see the amazing sights of Russia racing by. The scenery will be different depending on when you choose to travel. The seasons will colour the countryside, towns and villages which make up this fascinating landscape.
You will find plenty of inspiration for photo opportunities, making new friends with fellow travellers and exchanging stories are part of the experience.
Overnight: On train for 2 nights.
Day 6 – Irkutsk
Arrive in Irkutsk at 20:57 hrs. Your driver will meet you and transfer you to your hotel to check in for 1 night.
Overnight: Hotel Irkutsk
Day 7 – Lake Baikal
After breakfast, check out and at 09.00 hrs join your guide for a city tour of Irkutsk, transfer to Listvyanka settlement, located by Lake Baikal, approx 60 km south-east of Irkutsk, stopping en route in Taltsy village for lunch (included) and a visit to the open air Ethnographic museum. A unique assemblage of the history and culture of the peoples of Eastern Siberia, located in a picturesque place on the banks of the Angara River. Comprising more than 40 historical and architectural monuments and 8000 exhibits of great historical value. The Museum attracts visitors for its rich natural landscapes,and for the chance to get acquainted with the spiritual culture of the peoples of the Baikal region – Russian, Buryat and Evenki. Arrive at hotel at around 16.00 hrs. Check in to your hotel.
Entrances: Ethnographic museum
Overnight: Baikal Hotel
Day 8 – Listvyanka
After breakfast, meet in reception at 10.00 hrs for your walking tour of Listvyanka. You will see the Observation Point, St Nikolas Church, and Chersky View Point. From 13.00 hours at leisure or take optional excursions on or around Lake Baikal. Depart at 18.30 from the hotel to Irkutsk. Journey time 1 hour. Time to have dinner in a local restaurant (not included) before the guide sees you onto the train. Depart Irkutsk. Train #2 at 21:20 hrs.
Overnight: On train
Day 9 and 10 – Across Siberia
Once again your have the chance to relax and enjoy the scenery and landscapes whilst travelling through Siberia to your destination, Vladivostok. This is the end of your Moscow to Vladivostok journey.
Overnight: On train
Day 11 – Vladivostok
You arrive today at 20:10h (local time) in Vladivostok, a beautiful city with unique streetscapes, modern and historical buildings, boulevards and embankments. Stretched on the slopes leading to the sea, Vladivostok, founded as a military post in the mid 1800s, is the last stop on the Trans-Siberian railway on a peninsula that extends between two bays of the Sea of Japan, and is home to the Russian Pacific Fleet. The city has large shipyards, railway yards and industrial areas, and is the chief cultural centre in the Russian Far East. You will be met and transferred to the 4 star Hotel Hyundai to check in for 2 nights.
Overnight: Hotel Hyundai
Day 12 – Vladivostok Sightseeing
After breakfast, meet in reception at 10.00 hrs to commence your city tour of Vladivostok, with English speaking guide, covering all the main attractions of the city: Vladivostok Railway Station – terminus of the Trans-Siberian railroad, S-56 submarine on the harbour embankment, where the city was first-founded 142 years ago. In addition to the stops, the tour will pass many historic, cultural and architectural landmarks that make up the flavour of Vladivostok, plus a visit to the Oceanarium. Return to hotel at around 18.00 hrs.
Overnight: Hotel Hyundai
Day 13 – Departure
After breakfast, check out and departure transfer to the airport or port for you homeward travel.
- Arrival and departure transfers (vehicle and driver)
- Hotel and Train accommodation (12 nights)
- Guided tours as per the above itinerary
- English-speaking guide for excursions
- Entrances as specified
- Breakfast in hotel only
- Lunch on Day 7
- Second class train tickets Moscow–Irkutsk–Vladivostok (sharing a 4-berth compartment)
Not included in price
- Any meals, beverages, sightseeing entrance fees not specified in the inclusions
- Photo and video charges at museums and places of interest
- Extra personal costs incurred on the train or at hotels
- Gratuities for guides
- Extended visa support
- Visa service
- Visa registration fees (payable locally)
- Tour operates with 2 persons minimum
- All train times are local time and subject to reconfirmation
- Accommodation may be substituted with similar grade hotels.
- There are no showers on the trains, only basic facilities.
- You may purchase meals and drinks on the train and in the hotels. Food is also available on the platforms of the stops you make en route.
- Singles – sorry, we do not operate a shared room scheme for single travellers.
- Visa support – is supplied for duration of tour only. Extension of Russian visa support costs EUR 20 per person.
- Visa Support – is granted to eligible foreign nationals only. This is at the discretion of the authorities.
- Russian Visas – don’t forget that you will need to obtain your visas in advance of travel.
- Visa Service – if you are residing in the UK, please ask about our low cost visa service.
- Please ask us about extending your stay, pre or post tour, in Russia